Friday, January 29, 2016

Hear Elton John's Groovy New Song 'In the Name of You'




Elton John has released "In the Name of You," a soulful track from his upcoming 33rd LP, the T Bone Burnett-produced Wonderful Crazy Night. "You" alternates between smoky, groove-heavy verses and a classic-styled John chorus, peaking midway through with an explosive electric guitar solo.

Bernie Taupin

Wonderful Crazy Night, out February 5th, finds John once again working alongside with longtime lyricist Bernie Taupin and reuniting with some essential band members – including drummer Nigel Olsson and guitarist Davey Johnstone – for the first time in nearly a decade. The new LP will mark both players' first appearance on a John release since 2006's The Captain & the Kid. The recording line-up also includes percussionist Ray Cooper, bassist Matt Bissonette, keyboardist Kim Bullard and percussionist John Mahon.

"I just said that I even wanted the slow songs to be optimistic," John told Rolling Stone of his collaboration with Taupin on Wonderful. "I wanted to make a happy record. 'Joyous' was the word I chose. Not happy, joyous. I said I want it to feel joyous from beginning to end, and even the slow songs should be joyous."

"The idea and the actual result came together very, very well," he continued. "I was surprised by how many uptempo songs I wrote. In fact, there's probably two we left off the album, so it actually put the to rest the notion that I can't write uptempo songs. When I look back on Rock of the Westies, which is probably the most uptempo record we did, I wrote them then, but it's been a long time since I've actually made a band record that sounds like a rock & roll record."


Source : http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-elton-johns-groovy-new-song-in-the-name-of-you-20160129



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Tags :

Related : Hear Elton John's Groovy New Song 'In the Name of You'

0 comments:

Post a Comment